The main content
Therapeutic Essential Oils
If you’ve never experienced the full power of therapeutic Grade-A essential oils (often referred to as Aromatherapy) then you are in for a real treat. The use of therapeutic grade essential oils dates back 1000s of years! Myrrh, Frankincense, Spikenard and many other oils date back to the book of Genesis, and are known to have great medicinal value.
Try this... the next time you have a headache... reach for your small bottle of therapeutic grade peppermint oil put a small drop of peppermint oil on your finger and touch it to your temples. Imagine your surprise when the headache vanishes quickly... and even more surprising... you experience a small burst of energy, and go back to work feeling more alert and energized.
Well known as effective when used in massage therapy and meditation, essential oils also have a wide range of other powerful applications. Essential Oils can be extremely effective when used in First Aid treatment for burns, insect bites, cuts, bruises, and more.
- Anti-bacterial properties make them highly effective for sanitizing, disinfecting, deodorizing, and air purification as well.
- Some essential oils make excellent toxin free cleaning agents for removal of grease, oil, carpet stains, crayon, etc.
- Powerful anti-oxidant properties in some essential oils make them amazingly effective in anti-aging, energy and health giving applications both alone and when combined with supplements.
- And of course, nothing beats the power of essential oils in personal care products for skin, hair and personal hygiene.
Let’s take a look at the many different products in your home that you could replace with just a few small bottles of various essential oils.
- Pain Creams (PanAway or Peppermint)
- Burn Ointments (Lavender)
- Athlete’s Foot Creams (Lemon)
- Wart Removal Products (Lemon)
- Sinus Tablets (Peppermint)
- Sleep Aids (Lavender, Peace & Calming)
- After Shave(Lavender)
- Skin Lotions (Lavender)
- Chapped Lip Sticks (Lavender)
- Cold Sore Balms (Lavender)
- Bath Oils (Several Oils)
- Perfumes (Several Oils)
- Dandruff Shampoos (Lavender)
- Insect Repellents (Purification)
- Moth Balls (Lavender)
- Anti-Bacterial Cleaners (Lemon)
- Lemonade (Lemon)
- Herbal Teas (Several Oils)
- Cooking Spices (Several Oils)
That’s only a very small sample of a VERY LONG LIST of products in your home that you can replace with therapeutic grade essential oils; therefore, saving you money. The 5 oils mentioned above are in our “Essential 7 Kit” ...one of the nicest, cost-saving, health and longevity enhancing gifts you could ever give yourself.
However, don’t expect to be able to run down to your local health food store to grab a bottle and expect the same results. The sad truth is many of the so-called essential oils you will find there contain artificial additives and other synthetic compounds, some of which can be very toxic — even dangerous. Only Therapeutic Grade–A Essential Oils such as ours, can deliver the beneficial results you will see when you begin using them yourself.
Anyone venturing into the world of therapy using essential oils must use the purest quality oils available. Inferior quality or adulterated oils most likely will not produce therapeutic results and could possibly be toxic. In Europe, a set of standards has been established that outlines the chemical profile and principal constituents that a quality essential oil should have. Known as AFNOR (Association French Normalization Organization Regulation) and ISO (International Standards Organization) standards, these guidelines help buyers differentiate between a therapeutic-grade essential oil and a lower grade oil with a similar chemical makeup and fragrance.
Visit our Young Living website to learn more about therapeutic-grade essential oils.
Our massage therapist uses therapeutic-grade essential oils upon request, and uses them for the renowned Rainbow Technique®. More about these services can be found in our Services area under Therapeutic Massages & Body Wraps.